On 8/11/05 23:21, "J. Tallman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I have a sundial client who is interested in commissioning a Spectra
> dial for the minister of their (Protestant) church.  The question was
> asked whether there have been any classical/traditional sundial mottos,
> in Latin or otherwise, that have been used on church/clergy related
> dials throughout history.
>
> Does anyone have any input to this question?  Any suggestions?

I can't point you in the direction of any traditional ones, but a Latin
translation of an abridge form of Genesis 1:14 may be appropriate:

"Let there be lights in the heavens ... for signs, and for seasons, and for
days, and years"

You'll have to get someone else to do the latin for you though!

--
Barry