Quoting a little, and replying:

From: "J. Tallman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The question was asked whether there have been any classical/traditional sundial mottos, in Latin or otherwise, that have been used on church/clergy related dials throughout history.

A motto I could suggest is one which has been used at Stellafane,
on Breezy Hill, in Vermont (USA), inscribed on the eaves of the pink-
painted club-house built there by the Springfield (VT) Amateur Telescope
Makers club.  It is a motto from one of the Psalms, I believe, rendered in
the King James translation. It seems perhaps more suitable as a "night-time" motto than as a motto for use in the light of day, but it might receive favor:

"The Heavens Declare the Glory of God."

I have just checked on Google and have found the biblical reference,
as well as the complete sentence from which the motto is taken:

“The heavens declare the glory of God;
and the firmament sheweth His handywork” (Psalm 19:1).

As a sundial designer/builder, I find this motto most suitable
and inspirational; a clergy-person might also.  But a casual user of
a sundial may not feel the richness of it (yet, we can hope).

Else, there's always "Tempis Fugit".

With best wishes,

--Joe / Tucson, Arizona