Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 10:20 PM
Subject: what was the orb

There is a very interesting article in the new issue ,May 2006, of Sky& Telescope on the mystery of the orange orb in the painting Girls on the Pier, by Edvard Munch.  Munch, being from Asgardstrand, Norway, the authors go into great detail on whether the orb is either the Moon or the Sun and what time of the year it was and why there was no reflection.  The article reminded me of the correspondence on the shadow mystery on the Numb3r’s TV program that was discussed earlier.

Sincerely

Billy Jack Baxter