From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of R. Hooijenga
Sent: 30 March 2006 19:03
To: sundial@uni-koeln.de
Subject: RE: what was the orb

Thank you for an interesting problem, and Bob for the link to the painting.

In order to work out whether we can see the reflection of the moon, we might as well ask ourselves if the moon could see our reflection in the water.

The answer must surely be No, because our reflection is so low that the house gets in the way.

The attached drawing hopefully shows what I mean.

Rudolf