Best wishes,

John Goodman
www.annosphere.com

On Oct 4, 2006, at 6:00 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 16:53:26 -0400
From: "Fred Sawyer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: NASS Compendium sample issue
To: "Sundial List" <sundial@uni-koeln.de>

NASS is making a recent issue of The Compendium available for download by members of this list. If you are not familiar with The Compendium but would like to check it out, now's your chance. Follow the instructions below to get a copy of the June 2006 issue.

When you open the introductory file, please note that there is an option on the screen that will give you information on membership options and how to join. Of course, you can also always go to our website at http://sundials.org . Regardless of the method you select, we would be happy to welcome you as a member (whether you live in North America or not!)

Fred Sawyer
---------------------------------------------------------------------- ------ The June 2006 issue of The Compendium is available for download (5.1 MB) from the NASS website. Point your browser to:

http://sundials.org/compendium/comp132 (If this link produces an error, please try typing the URL directly into your browser.)

You will be asked to provide a username and password to access the page. Please use the following:

username: comp132
password: 15a476a7   (both username and password are case sensitive)

Once you have accessed this page, you can download the installation file (5.1 MB) by clicking on the button at the bottom of the page. When you have downloaded the file to your hard drive, execute it - and it will extract all the files needed for this issue of The Compendium. During the extraction process you will have the opportunity to specify the folder you want the issue to go into.

Contents of this issue - Volume 13 Number 2, June 2006

Sundials for Starters: A Matter Of Longitude - Robert Kellogg
The Grand French Tradition In Gnomonics - André E. Bouchard
Quiz: Finding "True North" - Rolf Wieland
Ameyalli Xiuhcóatl: The Sun In The Snake - Reinhold R. Kriegler
Digital Bonus: Ozanam's Problems et al. - Ozanam, Bailey, Bercovitz, King & Moss
Peaucellier Sundials - Fred Sawyer
The Analemmic Equatorial Sundial - René J. Vinck
The Quadruplex Sundial Of Tinos - Theodossiou, Mantarakis & Manimanis
Quiz Answer: A Vertical Dial's Declination - Gianni Ferrari
The Tove's Nest