Dear Mike:

Your approval means VERY MUCH to Dave and I, since you are a leader in the
dialing community.  We are so glad you like the new site.

I must say though that I was shocked at first to find so few PWS in Great
Britain, a country with such a rich dialing tradition.  We have only found 2
good ones (ones with good artwork instead of just hour lines).  See  Dials
19 and 253:
http://advanceassociates.com/WallDial/Dials/PaintedWallSundial019.jpg   and
http://advanceassociates.com/WallDial/Dials/PaintedWallSundial253.jpg

I've been discussing the reasons for this with Doug Bateman, and we have
come to the conclusion that that there are few PWS in Great Britain because
the buildings are made mostly of bricks and stone- rough surfaces that don't
lend themselves easily to fine paintings.  Also, the rainy weather might
have something top do with it.

What do you think about this?

Thanks again for taking the time to write and for any help you can give us
in locating any more good British examples.

Happy New Year,

John