Hi Carl,

You wrote:

>If the cylinder azimuth sundial was printed on normal paper and then
>laminated that would give a durable dial.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Alas, in my tests, an azimuth cylinder sundial with a laminated paper
dial face does not have a good light/shadow boundary. I have tried
laminations and overlays of different thicknesses. It seems that even
a very thin layer of any transparent surface seriously deteriorates
the terminator.

A vinyl dial face, as printed by a commercial sign shop, seemed like
a great way to create a durable azimuth cylinder sundial, but the
terminator is weak.

Best wishes,

Mac