Roger Sinnott wrote:
> Mac and others,
>
> Here is a first attempt, using Google Sketchup.
>
>      -- Roger

> Nice!! So, you have two matching inclined surfaces, one on the pedestle, and
> one on the "carrier".

If you were doing this for a telescope, I guess you'd put two Teflon
pads on the carrier's surface.
For this application, more friction is actually beneficial, so that's
not necessary.

I've seen Poncet mounts that use a ball/socket for the pivot point. How
are you suggesting the pivot be made?
Maybe a rounded pin into a conical hole in a hardwood block? And it
looks like the pin would lie in an equatorial plane, parallel to the
polar end plane...

Is there a height alignment requirement for the pivot point, relative to
the inclined plane?
Horizontally, it should be centered, but I have a feeling it needs to be
placed at the right height on the meridian end, as well.

Great sketch - I have to get around to learning Sketchup!

Dave