Sunny Day!

Have you thought about creating your own web site but just don't know how to
do it.  What's HTML?  Heck...I don't know but that hasn't stopped me from
developing my own site.

I was looking through a brochure from a college located in a city not too
far from here.  They send these out to those of us who live in the
wilderness.  They were offering a course on creating web sites and I was
able to get the name of the software they were using.  And wouldn't you know
it, it's free!  It's called Nvu and you can find it at www.nvu.com.

It has a web page editor that is a simple graphical interface...WYSIWYG
(What You See Is What You Get).  You will find a Nvu User Guide in the Help
tab.  If you go to the "Nvu's official bug fix release" page you can
download KompoZer, which is based on Nvu but has a list of fixes.  KompoZer
has a very useful Help file too.  I have installed both but have not spent a
lot of time using them.

Have some fun creating your own web site.  Some ISP providers offer some web
space as part of their service to you.  Mine gives me 15 Mb of space where I
can place web pages and any other files I like.  You can get a lot of
material in a space that size if you are careful (www.mts.net/~sabanski).
You can also have your site hosted at a very low cost.

Start your very own sundial web site today!  There can never be enough.

Happy Dialling!

Carl Sabanski
www.mysundial.ca
Get "Hooked on Gnomonics"!