  From: Willy Leenders [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2007 5:12 AM
  To: Carl & Barbara Sabanski
  Subject: Re: Web Page Authoring

  Hello Carl and all,

  Unable in webdesign I started two mounths ago in designing with NVU my
sundial website (a description with illustrations and background information
of all the sundials of my province). It turns out well. Before long I go
online.

  The great work is the gathering and formatting of illustrations.

  A little knowledge of html is nevertheless  usefull to controll the
generated source code. But one learns it by doing.

  Willy LEENDERS
  Hasselt Flanders (Belgium)

  Op 25-aug-07, om 00:38 heeft Carl & Barbara Sabanski het volgende
geschreven:

    Sunny Day!

    Have you thought about creating your own web site but just don't know
how to
    do it.  What's HTML?  Heck...I don't know but that hasn't stopped me
from
    developing my own site.

    I was looking through a brochure from a college located in a city not
too
    far from here.  They send these out to those of us who live in the
    wilderness.  They were offering a course on creating web sites and I was
    able to get the name of the software they were using.  And wouldn't you
know
    it, it's free!  It's called Nvu and you can find it at www.nvu.com.

    It has a web page editor that is a simple graphical interface...WYSIWYG
    (What You See Is What You Get).  You will find a Nvu User Guide in the
Help
    tab.  If you go to the "Nvu's official bug fix release" page you can
    download KompoZer, which is based on Nvu but has a list of fixes.
KompoZer
    has a very useful Help file too.  I have installed both but have not
spent a
    lot of time using them.

    Have some fun creating your own web site.  Some ISP providers offer some
web
    space as part of their service to you.  Mine gives me 15 Mb of space
where I
    can place web pages and any other files I like.  You can get a lot of
    material in a space that size if you are careful
(www.mts.net/~sabanski).
    You can also have your site hosted at a very low cost.

    Start your very own sundial web site today!  There can never be enough.

    Happy Dialling!

    Carl Sabanski
    www.mysundial.ca
    Get "Hooked on Gnomonics"!