I think that all the portable sundials that have been invented and used
can be used on a ship or a boat but I don't know any sundial SPECIFICALLY
designed for this use.

The only sundial that I know that was specifically designed to be used on a
mean of transport   was   built some years ago by the   Italian dialist
Giacomo (Gim ) Bonzani (http://www.gimbonzani.it/index.html)

 It was fixed on the wall of a wagon of the small railroad "Ferrovia
Vigezzina"  from Domodossola (Italy) to  Locarno (Switzerland) (
www.vigezzina.com)

It marked the exact time only when the train stopped in the station of
Villette (village  where Bonzani  lives  ).

The sundial had dimensions of around 40x30 cm (16x 12 inches )  . It was
removed by its position for safety reasons even if the gnomon stuck out only
few cm.

Gianni Ferrari