Thanks Thibaud & Bruno for the new photo links.

And here is another photo on Plate 13:

http://books.google.com/books?id=lF9E-1_XsVQC
<http://books.google.com/books?id=lF9E-1_XsVQC&pg=PA104-IA5&lpg=PA104-IA5&dq
=%22little+village+academy%22+sundial&source=web&ots=eiViyMMbVK&sig=XQT_5G8Q
bvptlj8W_rsUUXdssHg>
&pg=PA104-IA5&lpg=PA104-IA5&dq=%22little+village+academy%22+sundial&source=w
eb&ots=eiViyMMbVK&sig=XQT_5G8Qbvptlj8W_rsUUXdssHg

and here:

http://www.aia.org/aiarchitect/thisweek02/tw0118/0118tw2architecture.htm

All of these photos are taken at extreme angles.  Following Roger's
suggestion, I tried to alter the perspective in Photoshop so that we could
see the dial from a straight-on perspective, but they are so skewed that I
was not able to correct them.

Do we know of any NASS members in Chicago who might be willing to go to the
school to try to get better photos & measurements?

Looking at the Aerial photo that Bruno sent, it does appear that the sloped
glass skylight has a significant slope.  But I'm still not ready to concede
that the dial is not flawed because the hourlines still look equally spaced
in all photos.  But I might have to eat my words!

Happy New Year Everybody!

John