Someone asked me more details about the procedure that is required to define
the background image in “Orologi Solari”.
I will put some more explanations on the dialog itself (and maybe in the future
I will have time for the translation of the help files), in the meanwhile here
are the required steps :
1. Select the required image file, the image will be shown in the left frame
2. Click the P1 check box then click a point in the image
3. Click the P2 check box then click a point in the image
4. Insert the real distance between P1 and P2 (the measurement unit is the same
arbitrary unit that is used for style length, dial dimensions etc.)
5. Click the C check box then click the point in the image where the
ortho-style will be approximately located (it can be moved later)
6. Click the “enable image” check box (the check box is enabled only after the
previous steps have been completed).
In order to get a better precision when selecting a point, the image in the
left frame can be zoomed with the mouse wheel and it can be moved with the left
mouse button.

All this procedure is required in order to define the dimension of an image
pixel so that the image and the dial are consistent.

Now clicking the OK button you should see the dial displayed over the image. To
modify the dial :
- dial lines can be moved inside of the dial frame with the left mouse button
or with keyboard left, right, up, down keys.
- dial frame can be resized with the left mouse button when the mouse is over a
frame side and the mouse indicator displays as a double arrow.
- dial frame and image can be moved together with the right mouse button
- dial frame and image can be zoomed with the mouse wheel or with the page-up
page-down keys.
As always you can modify the dial from the Parameters dialog too.

Gian