From: Mike Isaacs [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2008 9:15 AM
To: John Carmichael
Cc: 'Sundial List'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: SGS or PWS in Belgium?

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, John Carmichael
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>I wrote the photographer of the mystery dial on flickr.com and she
>wrote back:
>

>>Thank you for looking at my photo and taking the time to write. I
>looked at the photo of the sundial and it actually looks to be a
>mosaic, not painted or stained glass. I don't know if you'd still be
>interested in using the photo but you are welcome to. It was taken in
>Brussels, Belgium but I honestly cannot remember what building it's on.
>It's either a part of the Museum of Musical Instruments or a building
nearby. Sorry I know that doesn't help much.

>I asked her to send me a higher resolution photo so that I can confirm
>if it?s painted or mosaic.  It?s hard to tell in the photo she posted.
>I?ll let you know if I find out anything&

John

I photographed this dial when I was visiting Brussels in 2006, and enclose
reduced copies of my original photos, and the cropped centre of an original
2560 x 1920 picture.

The mosaic structure can be seen clearly, and also the rather dilapidated
condition in July 2006.

--
Mike Isaacs