dear all,

thank you very much again for all your positive reactions, hints,
links, mails etc.

We all enjoyed it very much and I think I learned a lot.

We had four hours time, I did one hour of "theory" (what is a sundial
and how does it work in principle) and then we went down to the
garage/studio to work on wooden sundials.
I am more entusiastic on the theory than they are, but they enjoyed
the manual work very much. Still it is important that I have a very
good and determined guidline in my pocket, so when they do not have
their own ideas or are not creative enough they still have something
to do and know their target.
And I should prepare for the next time a set of printed vertical
sundials such that everyone can use his own model. (I had only one and
when they copied it for the prototype, they made a little mistake, so
all dial were wrong and we had to correct this later.)
So it was big fun and I hope that some of the kids are now more
curious on sundials. You can see some photos at

http://picasaweb.google.com/finbref/Sonnenuhrprojekt
(I hope you can see this gallery)

Thomas