From: sundial-boun...@uni-koeln.de [mailto:sundial-boun...@uni-koeln.de] On
Behalf Of
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 2:45 PM
To: sundial@uni-koeln.de
Subject: Russell Porter Sundial?

Friends,

Is there a conventional name (like  horizontal',  equatorial',  polar' and so
on) for the sundial constructed as shown below?

Am I right thinking that the name of this construction is "Russell sundial"?
I mean Prof. Russell Porter, the Palomar Mountain Observatory.

Any help, please.

Aleks
www.sundials.ru