Dear Sara, Bill and others,

As it frequently happens, a very simple question causes an entire scientific
and historic problem.

I make a set of six public brass sundials for children. At the stage of making
the informational brass plaques, which are to be installed near sundials, we
realized that we have no idea on the name of this construction type.

Pity we have no sufficient cause for calling this construction "Russel
sundial". This name would be shorter, easier understandable by children and,
moreover, it might remind the name of famous scientist.

Bill proposed that the name "Polar Equatorial" is adequate. Let us consider
this name to be conventional.

Many thanks to all of you!
Aleks
www.sundial.ru