Frank,

See http://tinyurl.com/2fpvfah for a source for Higgins' article "The
Classification of Sundials" - done while she was Assistant Curator at the
Museum of the History of Science, Oxford.  I believe it was based on her
thesis - a copy of which I have somewhere in my files although I can't
locate it at the moment.  The article was published in 1953 - I'm not aware
of her ever publishing anything else on the subject.

Fred Sawyer