Greetings, fellow dialists,
I seek enlightenment. I understand that both analemmatic dials and the secondary dials of double horizontals are azimuth dials and both are based on the stereographic projection . The time curves on the double horizontal dial are multiple and dependent on the date while the single ellipse of an analemmatic dial is achieved through the movement of the gnomon north-south through the year.

Almost every possible form of dial seems to have been devised already but I have not come across an altitude dial resembling an analemmatic dial in that the gnomon is moved with the seasons and the time curve is a single ellipse. The shepherd's dial is an altitude dial but with a gnomon fixed in place and more resembles the form of the double horizontal dial. Does an altitude dial with seasonally moving gnomon exist anywhere? Any help?
Frank, 55N 1W