Hello Roderick & all,

The Dutch Sundial Society had its quarterly meeting last Saturday in
Utrecht. A new member, Karin ten Kleij, pointed out some Sicily dials
she had found in the internet, which are adorned with the 13
constellations. An intriguing coincidence!

In these cases the constellations are not used for the date lines, as is the case with the Genk dial, but for decoration, apparently from a modern astronomical point of view. My Italian is weak, so don't blame me for not giving a summary of the stories.

The links are:
http://web.tiscalinet.it/astrofilicatanesi/meridct8.html
http://astrocultura.uai.it/strumenti/meridiana/meridianarivoluzionaria.htm

Best regards,