Bob, you wrote, “I am at roughly latitude 27° south”

I thought your page said you were in Florida?

I like the dial, and use of the tabletop.

I have this hard disk platter from the late 60’s I’ve wanted to use for an
equatorial dial plate.

Over 3 feet diameter and 1/8-3/16” thick!

Only issues are that it’s a polished metallic surface, and it has a central
hub with a large hole to fill, and thick enough to shade the whole surface
around the equinoxes. I could easily paint it and make a new center, but it
would lose the cachet of *THAT* is a hard disk?!?

(It’s not exactly like this one, but close:
http://www.inhabitat.com/wp-content/uploads/hard-drive-coffee-table.jpg )

Dave

  _____