Hi Jackie,

Why not make your dial with a moveable, pseudo-shadow (i.e. a very visible, dark strip on the dial face) which you can move/ adjust during scene changes to the appropriate hour. That would possibly get the effect you're after without the difficult problems of lighting to which others have referred.

best wishes,

Peter