Sent: Monday, December 01, 2014 10:38 AM
To: sundial@uni-koeln.de
Subject: Sundials of India

Hello All

I am very much interested in ancient India. Let's call it Vedic times. Does anyone here have any knowledge about time measuring of that period? And I do not mean Jantar Mantar observatories but rather times much much prior to that. Someone just sent me this Youtube video about a sundial of Konark temple. I wonder it there is any real science behind what they say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9RF9lLBIMs

--
Best regards
Darek Oczki