The projection distortion could be somewhat compensated by distorting the
number cutouts, so the early and late hours are comparatively narrower.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: sundial [mailto:sundial-boun...@uni-koeln.de] On Behalf Of Fabio
nonvedolora
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2015 1:49 PM
To: sundial@uni-koeln.de
Subject: Re: A "Digital" Sundial on Instructables

Hi all

I think it can also work with a square section, so it should be easy to
laser-cut.

I also think the holes on the other side of every number may become a
window, with inside frames, to allow a projection with any declination of
the Sun (a bit more complicated)

The problem may be the projection: the ratio between the size of the holes
and the distance of the projection may blur it and it could become
unreadable.

ciao Fabio

Fabio Savian
fabio.sav...@nonvedolora.it
www.nonvedolora.eu
Paderno Dugnano, Milano, Italy
45° 34' 10'' N, 9° 10' 9'' E, GMT+1 (DST +2)