Would this be the same as a 'Sun Dog'?

On 2016-08-17 10:36, Dave Bell wrote:
Typically, this would indicate ice crystals in the upper atmosphere. A normal rainbow is formed by water droplets with two internal reflections, so the rainbow's light is projected back towards the sun. In this case, the light is passed forward through the crystals, at an angle determined by their shape, so it appears to be coming from the sun's direction, but offset.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone