In message <EA7C7024680648418FE3E0C1DF9CDCE0@DellVista>
          "Roger Bailey" <rtbai...@telus.net> wrote:

> Hi Tony,
>
> Perhaps you are right. All David Andersson's emails have the sunclocks.com as
> the source listed in the headers. Here is a typical clip
>
> Regards, Roger

> Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 16:43:41 -0500
> From: David Andersson <davey.anders...@gmail.com>
> To: <sundial@uni-koeln.de>"

To Tony Moss, Roger Bailey, (et al)

Please take this as the explanation (with my APOLOGIES), for recent
messages to the Mailing List - plus I have waited for any 'fallout'
or "dust to settle", before responding to comments which were made.

I admit that I work WITH Douglas Hunt (at "Modern Sunclocks") - but
must deny that I am somehow 'masquerading', as actually BEING him !

Basically, I help him with 'technical' stuff - such as his website,
but please do not blame ME for the 'old-fashioned' aspect of it, as
Mr Hunt insists that pages must be viewable on ALL modern equipment
(meaning tablets or mobile phones, as well as 'desktop' computers).

If you recall, I had (quite innocently) replied to a recent posting
by Tony Moss - in which I gave him some advice, on possible reasons
for a problem with E-mails to this List not displaying as expected.

However, when Doug Hunt found-out that I helped one of those people
who seem to take every opportunity to 'decry' his business - he was
quite angry, telling me that I should "make amends" for it somehow.

My first opportunity to do so presented itself, when Brian Albinson
submitted a posting about 'Double Analemma' sundials - so (somewhat
reluctantly), I had replied with information on "Sunclocks" and how
popular they had become (and all of the details I gave were totally
TRUE, and can be verified by anyone who takes the time to do this).

In that message, you will see that I said I was risking 'brickbats'
being thrown at me - because Doug Hunt had warned me to expect some
kind of 'backlash', from people jealous of his world-wide success !

My second message simply provided further details, by responding to
comments about the central Date-scale for "Sunclocks" seeming to be
wrong - but I said that replies should be sent DIRECT to Doug Hunt,
because he has all the knowledge about the design of these layouts.

Incidentally, my thanks to several people who had replied to myself
(privately) with their support.  I admit a few of them were our own
'Franchisees', who make an income by installing "Sunclocks" - but I
note that NOBODY was willing to respond to this Mailing List, since
they maybe did not want to be 'ridiculed' by people like Tony Moss.

We are always happy to give a free website 'link', to other Sundial
Designers - as can be seen at:  www.sunclocks.com/answer.htm#others

I trust that my above 'explanation' will be the end of this matter,
and I have told Doug Hunt that I will NEVER respond (on HIS behalf)
to this Mailing List again - and shall restrict myself to computer-
related matters, if I think that I can be of assistance to members.

On that subject, I see that Tony Moss is still having problems with
his own E-mails to this List - but (unfortunately) Douglas Hunt has
FORBIDDEN me to help him further, due to 'animosity' between them !

Previously, I have assisted people such as Donald Christensen - and
who now runs a 'Human Sundial' business (based in Australia), which
also has a website located at the URL:  www.sundialsforlearning.com

As many of you know, Schools are the biggest customer for sundials.

Sincerely,

Dave Andersson.