I received a gift of a perforated ring dial recently. Like most
mass-produced dials, it isn't set up for my latitude. I've tried to find
info on these dials, but I only see a section in "Sundials: Theory and
Construction" talking about ones with a fixed perforation. My Google-fu has
failed me in locating info on the construction of dials with movable
perforations (like mine).

My goal is 2-fold: better general understanding of this type of dial, and
making alterations to correct this dial for other latitudes. (I do have a
preliminary correction based on the references I do have, but if I can roll
in the variable perforation location, I can make it more general.

Any good pointers?

* Keith E. Brandt, WD9GET wd9...@amsat.org <wd9...@amsat.org>*

'Christianity and science are opposed…but only in the same sense as my
thumb and forefinger are opposed - and between them I can grasp
everything.' —Sir William Bragg (Nobel Prize for Physics- 1915)

 *This message transmitted with 100% recycled electrons

*xb*