From: David Brown
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2017 8:48 AM
To: John Davis
Cc: sundial
Subject: Re: Barrington Court multi-face dial

Barrington Court is about 15 minutes by car away from where I live. If you want
detailed photos, I could get them for you.
Best wishes,
David Brown
Somerset, UK

Sent from my iPad

On 12 Aug 2017, at 09:56, John Davis <john.davi...@btopenworld.com> wrote:

  Hi Keith,

  The Barrington Court dial appeared on the back cover of the September 2013
BSS Bulletin (vol. 25(iii)). The accompanying caption read:

  "The dodecahedron dial at Barrington Court (NT), Ilminster, Somerset. It
featured in the March 2013 issue and is seen here from the south, though none
of the dials faces exactly south. It is surprisingly small with the actual
polyhedron at not much more than head height. Recorded early in the Society's
history (SRN0040), it is in good condition and a nice example. Photo: John
Davis."

  The March 2013 article (by Peter Ransom) is really about an indoor dial and
does not provide much more detail of the polyhedral dial, other than saying it
has 5 reclining faces on the top row and 5 proclining ones in the bottom row.
I'm not sure if the BSS Register has more info.

  Regards,

  John

  Dr J Davis
  Flowton Dials http://www.flowton-dials.co.uk/