Hello!

I'm sure you know the method of pointing the analogue wristwach hour hand
towards the Sun and then bisecting the angle to 12 o'clock in order to find
south (or north, if you live down in the south). Actually I guess what you
should be doing is bisect the angle to your noon time and not necessarily
12 o'clock, but anyway. A few years ago I read an interesting seasonal
accuracy analysis of this method. I also vaguely remember the demonstration
involved Vitruvius' analemma and I'm pretty sure it was all in a book.
Thing is - I can't remember where! Can you help?

Dan Uza