Dear Frank,

... ANSI Standard Easter, I missed it, I hope none of the international authorities for the standards read this mailing-list :-)

Even Gauss took care of it but his algorithm doesn't manage some exceptions.

For those interested in the matter:
Algorithm to calculate the date of Easter, by Spencer Jones, from his book General Astronomy, pages 73-74, edition of 1922. Published again in the Journal of the British Astronomical Association, vol. 88, page 91, december 1977. Here it is reported that the algorithm was defined on 1876 and it appeared in the Butcher's Ecclesiastical Calendar. Unlike the algorithm of Gauss, this hasn't exceptions and it runs for the Gregorian Calendar, starting from 1583.

The limits of the dates are march 22 and april 25.
The dates of Easter have a cycle of 5,700,000 years.
The most frequently date is april 19.

Example for 2019:
A=5, B=20, C=19, D=5, E=0, F=1, G=6, H=29, J=4, K=3, L=1, M=0, N=4, P=20
N=4 that is april, P+1=21

The Orthodox Easter follows the Julian Calendar, the algorithm is:

The cycle of the dates of the Julian Easter is 532 years.

Example for 2019:
A=3, B=3, C=5, D=20, E=4, F=4, G=14
N=4 april, G+1=15, in the Gregorian Calendar 15+13=28

ciao Fabio