Karlheinz--
I don't claim to be a Greek-scholar, but, now that you mention it, that
could be a theta at the beginning of the word along the Summer-Solstice
line.
.
But I just don't find the iota and sigma at the beginning of the word along
the equinox line.
.
But none of that even matters if, as you said, it isn't even a
2000-year-old dial, and is only from the Roman era. What a disappointment.
But thanks for pointing it out anyway.
.
Michael Ossipoff
Aprilis 10th, 2020