Dear All,

As proven in a separate tread on "Sun elevation tool/ horizontoscope",
stereographic projection is
a fascinating geometric construction with great potential in gnomonics.

During last year I explored the idea of vertical stereographic sundial and it
resulted in
a paper describing several stereographic sundial types:

- vertical stereographic sundial, for walls of any declination and for any
latitude,
- four-sided stereographic vertical sundial, attractive for its “gnomon-less”
form,
- double – stereographic & polar – vertical sundial for walls of any
declination, a vertical reference to Oughtred’s horizontal design,
- folded pocket, double stereographic & polar – vertical sundial
- inclined, proclined and polyhedral stereographic sundials

The paper can be downloaded free of charge from Cursiva publishers website:

http://cursiva.pl/e-ksiegarnia/vertical-stereographic-sundial-properties-construction-and-related-instruments/

or from Academia.edu website:

https://www.academia.edu/88820719/Vertical_stereographic_sundial_Properties_construction_and_related_instruments

Have fun with it !

Vertical stereographic sundials offer plenty of possibilities for sundial
makers
and I believe might be a very interesting addition to existing sundial types.

As the geometric construction of vertical stereographic sundials with CAD
software is time-consuming,
it would be great to include it in existing sundial design software.
I kindly ask sundial list members running such software, please consider it !

Regards,

Maciej Lose