Hi Maciej,

Here's a puzzle for you and others on the list. Does the usual 'co-latitude' rule for other plane sundials hold for Oughtred/stereograph dials? I've tried a quick empirical experiment using _Orologi Solari_ creating a vertical stereograph for my latitude (35S) and a horizontal for the co-latitude (55N). The two seem identical (except for the numbering of hours). It's not a 'geometric proof' but it seems entirely reasonable.

I had meant to add in my earlier post that a few years ago I, too, wrote a DeltaCad macro for an Oughtred dial. Unlike the elegant trigonometry used by Valentin, I tried to replicate the protractor, compass and straightedge methods in a traditional construction. Once it worked for my Southern Hemisphere location, I stopped working on it, so it is really a beta version, but I'm happy to forward it to anyone who is interested.

best wishes,

Peter