Hi all,

This link I think is a good way of showing. How we can understand how sundials work. A sundial is a mechanical clock. Sundials are geared to the largest clock in the world, Earth. Look at it from a mechanical point of view on a spinning Earth.

Draw the earth and cut out paper sundials and place them at different Longitudes and see what wedge is needed to keep the style parallel to the axis of the Earth.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5loieb818s2dr9o/CCF%20Relocating%20a%20sundial%204%20April%202023.pdf?dl=0

You can also understand how sundials work in the southern hemisphere. The sun still comes up in the East and sets in the West.

Roderick