Freecad and nanocad work well, power draw also works except when I used it,
I had to write my own trig functions. However I never exported the dial
plates from them as I can and still do use deltacad. I have also used
progecad. My book "Programming Shadows" has sample code for them, as well
as other languages and systems, it is free to download on
www.illustratingshadows.com
Simon