peter_blatherw...@mitel.com wrote:

Sorry, the engineering nerd in me forces me to reply...
 >> Does all the power consumed always get turned completely into heat?
 > Probably not immediately, but it is the worst case ..

Simple answer is YES. Consumed energy is always turned into heat even if not immediately. May initially come out as photons, sound waves or whatever, but in the end always gets transformed to heat one way or another. Physics says so.

Some small portion of it doesn't get necessarily turned into heat in the room where the equipment is located. The physics you're quoting applies strictly to closed systems.

Peace...  Sridhar