Jens Langner wrote:
Meik Hellmund schrieb:

Bob Doolittle schrieb:

[...]
If you add the missing "!" back into /etc/opt/SUNWut/gdm/SunRayInit/Default, does Xsetup work unchanged?
Well, here that file already contains the "!" at the first line of
the file like it should be. However, I can still reproduce the
problem with the different function definition of logerr in Xsetup.

Jens,
the "!" is missing in /etc/opt/SUNWut/gdm/SunRayInit/helpers/Xsetup

Ah, now I see it also. :-) Thanks for the information. That explains the situation pretty good :)

So - anybody tried adding the "!" and replacing the original Xsetup so we can verify definitively that this is the problem? I certainly wouldn't contemplate making a change to anything unless there's some certainty that it addresses a problem.

Thanks,
  Bob