Jens Langner wrote:
Ok. I have had the time to check that adding the "!" solves the problem
with the logerr function and here it perfectly solves the issue. So I
would say integrate that patch for the next SRSS update ;)

I have opened CR 6814857: "Typo in Xsetup.sh causes problems on Ubuntu" (or course the problem is at least theoretically broader than that, but this serves as a reasonable placeholder description). I'll fix it for our next SRSS release, but of course since it doesn't cause any problems on any platforms that we support with SRSS 4.1 I can't justify a patch for this.

Luckily it has a simple workaround for people who wish to experiment with unsupported platforms.

Thanks for all your help in reporting this problem and verifying the fix.

I added a note to the CR saying that we should look into restricting our scripts to POSIX syntax as we go forward. I may fix this particular function definition just to nudge the ball in the right direction here but it will take a more concerted effort to investigate and address all possible issues in this and other scripts in our product.

-Bob