I use zenity for something similar:

#!/bin/bash
RESULT=`/usr/bin/zenity --list --radiolist --column=""
--column=Application FALSE Firefox FALSE Calculator FALSE Terminal`

if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then

  if [ "$RESULT" == "" ] ; then
    echo "No choice"
  elif [ "$RESULT" == "Firefox" ]; then
    echo "/usr/bin/firefox"
    /usr/bin/firefox

  elif [ "$RESULT" == "Calculator" ]; then
    echo "/usr/dt/bin/dtcalc"
    /usr/dt/bin/dtcalc

  elif [ "$RESULT" == "Terminal" ]; then
    echo "/usr/dt/bin/dtterm"