On 01/04/11 10:43, Karl Rossing wrote:

utdesktop -lw will show me desktops that are in an errored state.

How can I find out a process id for the errored session?

When you see DTUs in this state, do they show up anywhere with "utwho -c"? If
so, that should indicate the display number. You should be able to find the associated
processes from that. I imagine you'd only care about the Xnewt server. This state can
occur in some circumstances if the X server is hung or has crashed.

Your problem is going to be that if there is a large number of servers at your
site you will have to track down which server is hosting the session for the
DTU.

-Bob