Would the issue i'm seeing be CR# 6623505?

If so, I'll have to figure out how to place an IDR.

On 01/04/11, Bob Doolittle <bob.doolit...@oracle.com> wrote:
Well then there you go. The associated session is on Server 2, display 5. If you just want to clean the situation up, you can try a couple of things:

1 Is there an Xnewt running for display :5 (the display number is visible on the command line via ps)?
I'll have to try that.
2 If you reset the DTU, does the problem go away or persist?
On kiosks sessions, it's hit or miss. On card sessions it usually persists.
3 If the problem goes away when the DTU is reset, the DTU is in a bad state. You can use "/opt/SUNWut/lib/utload -r -t TOKEN" (where TOKEN is reported by utwho -ac) to reset the DTU remotely when the problem occurs
Usually terminating the session using the gui doesn't fix the problem.
4 If the problem persists when the DTU is reset, the session is somehow hung. You can use "utsession -k -d 5" if you want to simply clear the session and processes.
I'll have to try that.
It would be good to track down that's causing this situation. Is Server 2 starved for resources (e.g. VM or /tmp space), or has it been starved in the recent past? Clues might be found in the logs (both /var/log/messages and /var/opt/SUNWut/log/messages) around the time in question (when the current time minus "No-Session" time occurred).
I'll have to investigate this more. Sometimes /tmp can be a bit low and the server can be bogged down. I can try assigning more memory to the vm.

-Bob

--
Karl Rossing
The Robinson Group