I apologize. Please disregard, this is incorrect for SRS 5.1.

Kim was correct.

-Bob

On 01/26/11 11:32, Bob Doolittle wrote:
On 01/26/11 07:08, Kim Mount wrote:
Hi Matthias,

I went through this with a customer last night.

Unpack the new release and upon ./utinstall it will see your install&  stop the Sun
Ray services and apply the patches&  ask for a reboot.

For the new windows connector 2.3.1 again ./installer and it will uninstall the
old version + install the new.

This is incorrect. The Windows Connector is now an integrated part of SRS, and
utinstall will install it. Here are the details of how the new utinstall now
works, in case this helps:
- If the installed base release is older than the delivered base release (or
non-existent), apply the base release installer for SRSS (currently 4.2)
- If any of the applied SRSS patches are older than the delivered patches,
apply the delivered patch
- If the installed Windows Connector release is older than the delivered
release, apply the installer for the delivered release
- If any of the applied Windows Connector patches are older than the delivered
patches, apply the delivered patch

So, you don't need to and should not run the Windows Connector installer
separately any more (if you can even manage to find it :-).

Nor should you need to run uttscadm any more. That utility is now deprecated
and the functionality has been integrated into utconfig (which gets silently
run during upgrades). You may have had to perform that step if you somehow
managed to find and run the separate Windows Connector installer component,
because that's unexpected and will result in an unknown state of the system.

We don't support S11 at this time, so as noted because Solaris patches contain
partial packages which only include the updated objects, and because patchadd
doesn't work on S11, the patch application phases will unfortunately fail, but
the installation phases should work.

-Bob

I noted I had to run uttscadm -c -g group afterwards to fire it back up.

The new release looks to have fixed a crash we had with this customer so that's
good too.

Regards,

Kim