Session broker only redirects after logon. Basically you logon to any server in
the farm, this server then checks with session broker to see if it can accept
the login request or needs to redirect to a less loaded server if a redirect ir
required the RDP client get informed of this.

This article from Microsoft explains step by step how to set it up. I believe
the article relates to 2008 server rather than 2008R2 but the process is the
same.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772418(WS.10).aspx<http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772418%28WS.10%29.aspx>

Regards,
Simon Venema