Although I have not tested it. A theoretical solution would be possible with Oracle VDI. If you run a VirtualBox server with Windows XP/7 then you can enable 3D hardware acceleration in de VM and VirtualBox additions software in Windows. If you connect from the Sun Ray server to the VirtualBox server with VRDP then you can use de Rapid Changing Area (RCA) detection feature in VRDP to get the 2D image compressed and sent to the Sun Ray.
I think this is the best route to go.

Kind regards,

Ivar

Jahandad Khan schreef:
Hi there,

we are having a similar sort of problem, there is a product called
virtual gl which has the exact solution to this problem. however the
catch is that sun discontinued its support in 2009 (thereby the plugin
which integrates a virtual gl server to sunray is now in-existent on
the internet). I have tried contacting the developer incharge of it on
source forge but the guy didnt reply. I hope someone else has a better
or at least an acceptable solution to this problem.

Regards