Yes, the Licenses sold by Sun were concurrent user based. Those are not
transferrable by purchasing a Sun Ray client off of ebay. Those are Licenses to
connect to the Sun Ray software and are owned by the organization deploying the
software.

You need licenses for Sun Ray software to connect your clients.