From: Nishimura, Scott L (ESS)
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 2:19 PM
To: 'SunRay-Users mailing list'
Subject: RE: SRS + Firewall + TC: port question

But, I've run into another problem.  After putting the FW rule for the 3
mandatory entries here

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E22662_01/E22659/html/Reqs-Ports-Protocols.html

the thin client was able to connect to the SRS and display the initial screen.
However, every 15 minutes or so, the TC reboots, as if a timeout of some sort
was reached.  The FW guy says there is nothing happening traffic-wise between
the TC and SRS at the time of the reboot but he can see the session being torn
down and rebuilt and the phrase "timeout" does appear, although not the source
of the timeout.

/var/opt/SUNWut/log/messages shows

Sep 11 11:14:28 SRS_name utauthd: [ID 828488 user.info] Worker0 NOTICE:
DISCONNECT IEEE802.002128130ace, pseudo.002128130ace discReq-or-terminated

The other interesting thing is the line that comes after the above:

Sep 11 11:14:28 rsunsu03 utauthd: [ID 291448 user.info] Worker0 NOTICE: DESTROY
pseudo.002128130ace lifetime=800138

It may be coincidence, but if I assume the lifetime # is in milli-seconds, it
translates to 13.7 minutes.  Once I saw the lifetime # drop and I saw the time
to the next disconnect drop also [not exactly proportionally but enough to
tempt me into hoping for causality].

To test this theory, how would I go about altering the lifetime?  I'm not even
sure this is a good idea due to the effect it would have on all of the other
TCs that I'm not having problems with but I at least wanted to validate my
theory.

I also get the occasional "X11 connection rejected because of wrong
authentication" but not every 15 minutes so I'm thinking that's some other
issue.

Of course, if anyone has a clean solution, that would be even better!

TIA.

Scott