Hi Gary,

I've setup a test environment using CentOS 6.3 and actually hav'nt done lots of testing. So these are just my 2 cent:

 * as far as I can see, 6.4 and newer does not work.

* after installing CentOS you should install everything in http://public-yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL6/gdm_multiseat/x86_64/ except docs and sources, or ask MyOracleSupport for updates as those files are rather old and buggy. The original GDM from CentOS/RedHat 6 does not support the multiseat feature which is necessary to run the SunRay Server Software.

* as an old problem: you should disable or modify tmpwatch to not remove something like /tmp/SUNWut

* I hav'nt found a solution to remove the "Reboot" and "Shutdown" buttons in KDE but as far as i can see klicking them will simply logout the user. If someone did, a hint is very welcome.

regards,

Andreas Bock

--
Universität Hamburg