Has anyone been able to run on RedHat/Centos 6.4 or later?

-----Original Message-----
From: sunray-users-boun...@filibeto.org
[mailto:sunray-users-boun...@filibeto.org] On Behalf Of Andreas Bock
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:59 AM
To: sunray-users@filibeto.org
Subject: Re: [SunRay-Users] Red Hat 6

Hi Gary,

I've setup a test environment using CentOS 6.3 and actually hav'nt done lots of
testing. So these are just my 2 cent:

  * as far as I can see, 6.4 and newer does not work.

  * after installing CentOS you should install everything in
http://public-yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL6/gdm_multiseat/x86_64/
except docs and sources, or ask MyOracleSupport for updates as those files are
rather old and buggy. The original GDM from CentOS/RedHat 6 does not support
the multiseat feature which is necessary to run the SunRay Server Software.

  * as an old problem: you should disable or modify tmpwatch to not remove
something like /tmp/SUNWut

  * I hav'nt found a solution to remove the "Reboot" and "Shutdown"
buttons in KDE but as far as i can see klicking them will simply logout the
user. If someone did, a hint is very welcome.

regards,

Andreas Bock

--
Universität Hamburg