I've started thinking that I wouldn't need to abandon use of 'sv'. With
both runit and s6 installed, and a supervision tree of s6-svscan and
s6-supervise processes, I suspect that 'sv t ...' would still work. 'sv
status ...' on the other hand might not. I would need to study the control
fifo protocol and status file layout to be sure.

 sv status will not work, because the status file has a different
format in s6 and in runit.
 sv t and others? It may work; it may not. If you try this, it's on
you: the interface between s6-svc and s6-supervise is not public and
is not guaranteed stable. Generally speaking, using the tools of one
supervision suite on another one isn't something I think is worth
spending effort on.

--
 Laurent