Charlie Brady:

There is a certain level of compatibility between daemontools and runit, and I presume the same exists for s6. The devil is in the detils.

The |service-manager| manual page from version 1.37 or later of the nosh toolset contains a full breakdown of the control/status API in a |supervise/| directory, including the daemontools-encore extensions and the nosh service-manager's own extensions. I am hoping to get version 1.37 released within the next week. In the meantime, I have pushed the new manual page to the on-line copy of the /nosh Guide/ <http://jdebp.info./Softwares/nosh/>. You can find the HTML-form manual page for |service-manager| hyperlinked from several pages in the /Guide/, including the _new Interfaces_ page.